Tuesday, May 10, 2011

16284--A Few Life Lessons

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I've read a lot of comic books in my time.  I've read my share and yours, too.  I've read more comics than Cookie Monster has eaten cookies.  That being said, I know a lot about comic books.  I also feel that I've learned a few things from them.  A lot of really important things, I learned from Superman.  I've heard more than a few people in recent years profess that they've never been able to relate to him, but that still strikes me as odd whenever I hear it.  I've never had any trouble relating to Superman, consider him a fantastic role model and view anyone who badmouths him with a suspicious eye.  Let's face it, if you have problems with Superman, then you should be checking your own proximity to the dark side.  I have a more ready understanding of people who don't like chocolate.  I still think there's something wrong with them, but I'm willing to give them a little more slack on that one.

Now, among the teachings of Superman:
  1. All living things have the right to do so.
  2. We should be able to find better ways to solve our problems than by killing.
  3. Care for others.
  4. Get some sun.
  5. The battle may be neverending, but a take a little time for yourself when you can.
  6. Being honest is good, but it's OK to keep some things to yourself.
  7. Don't sweat the small stuff.  Stand firm and let it bounce off.  Break the big stuff.
  8. Rise above minor annoyances, especially the ones that can't fly.
  9. Regular exercise will keep you fit enough to look good in tights.
  10. Being the best will make you a target.  Some people are going to take shots at you.
  11. Keep things as peaceful as you can, but recognize when it's time to kick some butt.
  12. Heat vision can clear up a lot of issues that might otherwise be problems.
  13. It doesn't take super-vision to see what's really important in life.
  14. Beware of mad scientists and glowing rocks.
See?  How hard is that to relate to?  So many good, clear things to be learned if we just pay attention.  Keep those eyes open.

Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment